Friday, January 13, 2012

Need sponsor for our web costs

Hello friends, it's time our site got a redesign. To do this properly so that I can maintain it myself without having to ask others to do the techy stuff, I'd like to change to a different host. I'll be moving the blog and everything over to a different set up. The cost to host the site with https://www.bluehost.com is $3.95 a month if you agree to 24 months, or $4.95 for 12 months. If you know anything about this stuff, that's a pretty good deal, and they work really well with Wordpress, which is good because the new site will be managed by wordpress.org, and will be built around our videos and pictures, with of course the blog.

So, my sales pitch is one cup of coffee a month worth of dollars donated to Ability Beyond the Horizon so we can continue to keep our presence out there in the world and get to kids with visual impairment.

Boys at the school for the blind we'll be working with this summer
We have the funds to make this happen, but I'd rather keep those funds for our summer work. With that in mind, it occurred to me that I could see if anyone in our family of support was interested in sponsoring us. Thanks for the consideration, please get in touch or donate at the site if you like http://www.abilitybeyondthehorizon.org/involvement.php your support, as always, is incredibly appreciated.

~Mickey

No comments: