Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Look at all those books!!!

So, yesterday I got a call from the postal center here at FSU telling me that they had about 60-70 boxes of braille materials for me and wanted to know what I wanted to do with them. Wow! I had put a new address out there for shipping, but I guess it didn't actually get out there like I thought. So this morning Alison Bailey, and Brittany Stanley two students in the FSU visual disabilities program met me at the shipping center. I brought tape, Alison brought labels. Alison is actually the magic behind all the shipping so far. She's diligently gone in and relabeled boxes to head to Shanthala. Since Shanthala might be getting at capacity, please email me if you plan to ship boxes, and I might give you another address to send them to somewhere else in the world. Clearly there is a need, and a surplus of material here in the US to give. So please keep it up. Just get in touch at mickey@abilitybeyondthehorizon.org so that our efforts are the most effective.
There are about 60 boxes there, we estimate at least 500 books

~Mickey

No comments: