Monday, June 6, 2011

Heading to India June 30th, thanks to you!

Well, our goal has been reached, $6,000 is in the bank, or was until I spent nearly $2,000 on a plane ticket to India. I'm patiently awaiting the visa to come in, and off we go June 30th, returning August 2nd. Coming with me are Lauren Barr and Susan Yarbrough two FSU orientation and mobility students. They are going to assist with teaching as well as helping to coordinate in-services that we are organizing while in Bangalore for both the parents and the local staff working with people with visual impairments in India. What's also great is that I met someone at a conference that is from Hyderabad, India and he is flying me to his community while I'm in Bangalore to begin setting up operations for next summer, so 2012 is planned already. We'll be looking for two other locations as well, so if you have ideas, please let me know.

While in India I'll be updating much more frequently, with pictures and experiences that I've had. I want you all to know how much impact your support is having. Thank you so much for your support, I can't wait to put it into great use in just a few short weeks. Now I have to get all this stuff wrapped up at FSU before I can go! Please email me or comment here if you like, mickey@abilitybeyondthehorizon.org or find us on Facebook at Ability Beyond the Horizon. See you in India!!

~Mickey

No comments: